Over the last year or so, I haven't been able to keep up with my daily posts as I once did. I am now a professional blogger, our cities top food critic. I am amazed at the success I've had and it really is quite unbelievable. But it also is a job and it takes up every single bit of my free writing time. Which leaves almost nothing for our blog here. And that? Kills me.
I will never abandon this blog. Ever. It would be devastating to publish a "Thanks and that's all folks!" post (which I'm sure some of you thought I was in the process of writing). But, if you've been a reader for a while or know me personally, you know that I'm terrible with balance. It's a constant struggle. Someday I know that I'll be able to get back to writing more than once a week on here. But for now, that will have to do. Because it's better than nothing.
Really, though. No news is good news. There hasn't been much to write about because everything is going so well. And "going well" also means "pretty boring". But I thought I'd do a little summary - in bullet fashion. Why not?
- Bill started fly fishing this year. Actually, he just finished a two day hands-on seminar and now he's ready to jump in the river with his friends. This is so good for him because it gives him the sense of self that he's been missing for a while.
- Logan is doing great in school and is an avid video gamer already (just like his Dad). I'm thrilled that it's warm outside so he can get out and away from the living room.
- Carter is a solid little tag along and is learning to talk (I love it!!) I'm going to try and get video to post.
- Rex is growing and learning the ropes quickly. She's been in puppy school once a week and then goes to doggie daycare all day a few days a week. This has been a life saver. Both mine and hers.
- I'm helping to organize our MOMS Club fundraiser - a children's fashion show and silent auction. I've been asked to write an article for our local paper for another fundraiser. I've decided to do some public speaking about being a professional blogger and then? I'm also organizing the first year anniversary dinner for the food blog. Yeah. See why I'm not writing here so often?
- There has been virtually no news with the in-laws. I honestly don't remember the last time Logan had a forced, scheduled call with them (that was supposed to be every Sunday). Maybe right after we got Rex? Looks like that fell through pretty quick. Oddly enough, no phone calls, no sessions, no visits? Our house is back on the "happiest ever" track. Bill and I had a good conversation about it the other week at dinner. I just hope with all my might that it stays like this.
- Wow - these are long bullet paragraphs....