Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Carter - 3 months old

I'm late in writing this since he's almost 4 months old. But, better late than never! At least I wrote this in the same month. Anyway...

Carter is huge now. I'm not sure what he weighs or how tall he is yet since we won't be going in for his check up in a few weeks, but he has outgrown his 0-3 month clothes, some of his 3-6 month clothes and fits perfectly in most 6 month sizes. He's a long kid and I think he might even be taller than Logan. We'll see how his stats stack up next month!

He's still eating every 2-3 hours like clockwork. It's a lot of work to feed this growing weed. There have been a few nights where he's technically slept through the night, but it's nothing consistent yet. He still wakes up to eat. He's pretty good about sleep too, going to bed at 7pm and starting his day between 7-8am (after waking up somewhere between 11-1 and again at 3am and 6am). His naps are getting more consistent at 10am and 3pm, but only lasting 30 minutes, sometimes if even that. He is a cat napper. I miss the 3 hour marathon naps that Logan used to take!

Carter is a super smiley kid and I've been trying to get him on video (unsuccessfully). He wakes up kicking and waving his arms with a HUGE grin on his face. He gets this excited when you pick him up anytime and when he takes his bath. Oh, man. Bath time is the most adorable part of the day. He loves it! And if I keep track of the time well enough, he's happy for his baby massage afterward, enjoying his legs getting massaged the most. But, if there's anyone who makes him smile the most, it's Logan. I'm sure Logan will be the first one to get a giggle or belly laugh out of him. Carter is also quite the talker, cooing and making adorable baby noises. I love hearing him and can't get enough of it!
Carter is interested in playing with his toys and rattles and is content to hang out in his bouncer to play while I get ready in the mornings. He loves his wubbaNubs (soothies sown onto stuffed animals) that we got for him for his first Christmas. He just sucks away and cuddles his duck, frog or dog. He's been sneaking a peek at the TV while Logan watches his cartoons, so I have to distract him when I catch him doing it. He's too young for that right now.

He has been getting stronger even though I've been a total slacker on tummy time with him. It's more of a safety issue since Logan is a wild child who runs around the house like his hair is on fire. The last thing I want is for Carter to get trampled, which I could easily see happening. However, I had him on the floor this morning and he's getting pretty close to rolling. Even though he hasn't been on his tummy much, he is sitting on my hip or upright in the Bjorn and getting stronger that way. He also discovered his hands, which are always in his mouth and he is beginning to notice his feet, which is super cute.

His "colic" comes and goes where there have been some great weeks and some terrible days. We've been using Hylands Colic tablets the last week and they've helped a lot, but the more you use them, the less effective they seem to be. It's almost as if Carter realizes he's supposed to calm down and resists it. At least he hasn't had any 6 hour crying episodes and it's only been for about an hour. Still. I can't wait until this stops, but then it will be something else, I'm sure. The two must frustrating parts are the times where I can't do anything to help him feel better and that I seem to be the only one who can calm him down. He just freaks out even harder when Bill tries to comfort him. It's exhausting.

Carter is so sweet is unbelievable and I love cuddling him, playing with his toes and smelling his hair. Having baby conversations and making him smile is an awesome part of my day. I love this little guy to pieces. I can't even remember what life was like before him.

8 comments:

Alicia said...

Have you tried "Gripe Water" for the colic? I never had to use it, but I know several people who SWEAR by it!

Anonymous said...

Oh how adorable is he!! I *love* the bath photo and his smile is just gorgeous. I know I've said it before and I'll probably say it again but you are SO lucky he smiles on camera for you. Nyki has an inbuilt sensor for all camera type machines and refuses to smile when they come out. LOL. So annoying!!

I know people who have loved Gripe Water as well actually, and I've only heard good things about it. Neither of mine had colic so I don't know what good it actually does, but I really hope it clears up for you soon.

the nervous mom said...

Gripe water is alot easier to find now too. I think it's made by "Little Tummies" (the ones that make saline, cold stuff, etc for little ones). Awesome idea. It worked a little for James.
And that last photo..oh my gosh..made my heart melt!! I can't believe he's 3 months old!!!

J said...

He is sooooo adorable. His little smiles are killer! The ladies are going to be a callin' when he gets older ;)

Between Logan and Carter, you will have your hands full!

Elisabeth said...

He is adorable! I love the pics!

Unknown said...

OMG he is so CUTE

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful little boy,I mean it, he's got perfect little features, and a personality to match!

Anonymous said...

I randomly found your blog on a search, but I have to tell you - OH. MY. GOD. That bath picture looks JUST like my 9-week-old son. That is INSANE!!!