Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Is it 8 weeks or 2 months? Either way....

It's been another week where he's made it to another milestone. 2 months old! Wow! He's learning about his hands & fingers now. They are always in his mouth if his binki isn't. He's getting better control of his arms, but still ends up hitting himself in the face. I'm a mean mommy because I laugh. I have to admit, it is pretty funny.

He's "talking" a lot more too. Every morning after he eats, we hang out in our pajamas in bed & "talk" to each other. It's so cute. This last weekend when Bill was home, I had just finished changing Logan & he was wide awake. So I take him downstairs into our room & wake Bill up. "I know it's early & you would probably like to sleep in, but this is the time when he's awake & wants to play". So all three of us hung out in bed & cuddled. Bill got to hear Logan really going at it. He was squirming, kicking, waving his arms, big smiles, all while making the most noise that he could. I was really glad that I woke him up so that he could be a part of it. We all had a really good time being a family.

Logan & I got some new pajamas this last weekend. If there's one type of clothing that I love, it's pajamas. The perk for being a stay at home mom is not only hanging out with Logan, but if I really want to, I can be in my PJ's all day long. I often am too. So I got a set of what I call "old man pajamas". It's just a pants set, but they're nice because it makes breast feeding so much easier. We got Logan a couple of new sleeping gowns. I love them because for one, they look way comfortable. They are also nice for middle of the night diaper changes. The two of us got to wear our new pajamas last night. Here's a picture of us at 10:00, Logan wide awake & right before he decides to scream his head off for a half hour because he doesn't want to go to bed. He taking after his dad on that one, the little night owl.

3 comments:

the boyd girls.... said...

The picture is very cute. The mornings are the best. Caroline is such a morning baby and I love it. Cuddling as a family is sooo precious!
Keri

Avorie said...

How cute! I have the exact same pair of pajamas!

Anonymous said...

Kristin you two are so cute! He looks like he is tracking down candy or something. I can't wait to come see you all. Hugs and Kisses.