Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Thank heaven for baby accessories!
This past weekend we did our usual shopping & ended up walking out with some stuff for Logan (How could we not? The little squirt is too cute to not spoil). We bought him a mobile for the crib & a bouncy seat that's just a hair more portable than the huge swing that's up in the loft.

These have been lifesavers! I have been able to put him down in his seat & put him right next to the shower. I'm back to my 30 + minute showers again! He loves it too. I flip the switch to vibrate & he is instantly quiet, just looking around. This seat also helps to work the gas out of him. Needless to say, he hasn't been that fussy the last couple of days (I hope I didn't just jinx myself).

He really likes his mobile too. I tried putting him to sleep in his crib, which is upstairs & next to the loft. He would usually last 5 or 10 minutes & then cry for me to take him out. I would end up putting him in his swing to nap (which works like a charm). So now after every diaper change, I put him in his crib & turn on the mobile. He is just fascinated. He'll hang out in there for a little while & be entertained. Yes, entertained! By something other than me! This morning I put him in there & hoped that he would fall asleep...miracle of all miracles, he did. On his own. I think I might pass out from excitement. So now I'm going to try & transition him from the bassinet in our room to his crib in his room. I think it will work out pretty well (I hope).

Bill's mom also bought us a Baby Bjorn. We had another carrier that we returned because it just sucked. So she mailed the new carrier to us & we got it tonight. I got him strapped in & tested it out around the house. It's awesome. I love it & Logan does too. He is just so freakin cute with his little arms & legs sticking out. It's funny that I'm so excited about this carrier because now I have no excuses to not do housework (sigh).

3 comments:

Avorie said...

I'm glad to hear that he's less funny today! I hope it continues!

Lilly doesn't care much for her mobiles, but she's meeting her stuffed animals and seems to like them. I put her in the Baby Bjorn this morning and she went right to sleep. The last time we tried it, she hated it. Maybe it's growing on her!

Avorie said...

Oops. That should say "fussy" not funny!

And I forgot to mention that the pictures are adorable!

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

A-freaking-men...We didn't get our mobile until D was almost 5 mos old, which was really way too late, but he still uses the music box that the mobile stuck into--we call it his "radio."

And bjorns are expensive but WORTH the money. I now have a pouch since it's easier to get a busy toddler in and out of one of those, but I LOVED our bjorn.

And I swore I'd never use th bouncy chair--HA!! He was still using it at more than 3 lbs over the weight limit--it was his first feeding chair. You gotta do what you've gotta do, and you know, I think sometimes they like a little time on their own, checking out the mobile or just looking around the bathroom. Enjoy your showers!