Thursday, March 02, 2006

Nothing grosses me out anymore.
I think I have reached "Super-Mom" status, maybe. I am so used to bodily functions & the pregnancy probably had a lot to do with that.

The body goes through so many changes during pregnancy & not just the obvious, like bigger hips & expanding stomach. The whole gastrointestinal tract gets re-arranged. There's dealing with nausea & throwing up all of the time in the first trimester. There's constipation & hemroids & things not working quite the same down there in the second trimester. Then there's heart burn & everything else combined in the third trimester. During delivery, there's the birth mess itself. Water breaking, bleeding, more throwing up. I'm pretty sure that covers it.

Now there's baby. Explosive poop & it leaking out of diapers. When there's a boy to deal with, count on the "hose effect". I've learned to be quick with the diaper changes & have never been squirted on (with the exception of bath time). Bill on the other hand seems to get as wet as Logan every time (funny, because as a man, he should be in tune with this). I've had to deal with volumes of spit up coming out of a small baby. Spit up coming out of the nose. Now there are baby boogers to go along with that. That's where I think I've reached the "Super-Mom" status.

I have picked Logan's nose & his boogers don't bother me. I don't get sick when he throws up all over me. I clear the goop from his eyes with my fingers. His poop doesn't stink. I don't cringe with disgust if his diaper has leaked & I'm holding him with my hand in his pee. I have done the ultimate mom move & licked my finger to wipe off dried milk from his face. I've cleaned the ugly umbilical stump (which Logan STILL has & is not giving it up, no matter how much I drench it in rubbing alcohol) & I've cleaned the healing circumcision (Bill wouldn't even look at it). I've never thought twice about doing any of these things. Nothing is gross anymore, it just is what it is.

2 comments:

Corinne said...

Totally... I never thought I'd like the smell of my baby's poo... and it's not like it's pleasent, but there's something sweet about it.... and I just realize how incredibly gross that sounds, but it's true... :)

Avorie said...

I finally got spitup on my shirt. I've been officially been christened as a mother!

By the way, there's nothing gross about my baby either. I love everything about her!