Wednesday, March 29, 2006

It's was a day full of first's.
Today has been a really busy day. It's Bill's birthday, so we all drove to the gym so I could take the car to run some birthday errands. It was our first time going out & about without Bill. I was a little nervous this morning. I don't know why, but I was. It was Logan's first time meeting everyone there at the gym. I thought he was going to freak out with 5 or 6 different people holding him, but it looked like he was enjoying himself. He was also half asleep from the car ride. So maybe that helped. Everyone agrees that he is Bill's "mini-me".

After visiting for a while, Logan & I headed over to the chiropractor. I had been begging Bill to make the appointment for us for quite some time now. This is the Doctor that Bill has gone to many times before & really likes the office. I wasn't too happy with the office that I was going to, so I wanted to check this Doctor out. My adjustment was good & I knew that I was tight & all jacked up from labor & delivery, but I didn't realize how bad it really was. I'm so glad to be going back again. Now I'll be able to get rid of my "Mr. Burns" posture. Logan's first adjustment went really well too. He slept right through it. I had noticed that he favors the right side of his neck & won't turn to the left when we do tummy time. His mid back or shoulders sounded "crunchy" when I would pick him up sometimes. The Doctor confirmed that he had some stuff going on & that he was a little tight. Most babies aren't tight at this age yet, so I'm glad we're getting it taken care of before it gets out of hand & causes some real problems. Hey, maybe he'll sleep a little better too.

After the chiropractic visit, we got Bill his McDonalds birthday cake. He's been getting that cake every year for as long as he can remember. Sometimes it takes an act of God to actually get one. I was prepared to make up some sob story to con my way into getting one this year, but I guess I didn't have to. It was way too easy. We brought it back to they gym so everyone there could eat it, rather than Bill & myself eating the whole thing in two days, because I know that's exactly what would happen. Everyone got a kick out of Bill getting a McDonalds cake. They thought it was hilarious that this grown man gets a cake with Ronald McDonald on it every year.

Overall our day full of first's was good. Logan was on his best behavior while we were out. We encountered some really nice people & also some rude ones. While we were at the post office, I had Logan in his carrier in one arm & a huge box that I was mailing to one of my sisters in the other. Nobody bothered to get the door & just sat there looking at me. Whatever, I got it, but still. I told Bill when he got home from work that I feel like a social retard when I talk to people because my brain isn't really there. I feel like I give off the "frazzled" vibe, especially today. He assured me that I looked like an old pro taking Logan around. That's a relief.

No comments: