Saturday, March 18, 2006

Holy Crap! It almost IS like we've won the lottery!
Yesterday I was feeling sad for Bill. He works so hard to provide for our family & give us the opportunity for me to stay at home with Logan. He's gone for so long that he misses out on what he's working for. There was a big meeting for the managers yesterday afternoon. They're getting a new comp plan. Usually when the company rolls something like this out, nobody is impressed. Actually, most people are pissed. Working for a big corporation certainly has it's pro's & con's. Well, after yesterday, it's a pro.

Bill came home really excited. "I don't have to work weekends anymore"! They changed how they're getting paid on everything. It's a lot better. The hours during the day are pretty much the same, but he'll take a 3 hour lunch break. Enough time for a good workout & maybe I'll start taking the car so Logan & I can meet him for lunch afterwards. Then they've balanced the time out so managers don't work on the weekend. If they have to cover for someone, they come home early on another day. This is far different than the hostage/slave situation that we're used to. Then Bill told me that the company's goal is to get managers paid $20,000 more this year. Yeah, I almost fell out of bed this morning when he told me that, but I was too tired to be excited until I had my coffee.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Here I was wishing that Bill could have a chance to be with us more, but I felt like there was nothing we could do about it. It was just the way things were going to be. Then he comes home with this...Wow.

1 comment:

Avorie said...

Wow, that really is amazing!!