Friday, March 24, 2006

I'm feeling totally shitty because of judgements that were passed upon me & I'm having a hard time not crying all day. So this is going to make me feel better.

Reasons I love being Logan's Mom
  1. The incredible feeling of true love that I have everyday.
  2. Knowing that I'm doing the best job that I possibly can.
  3. Dressing Logan up in cute clothes, because Lord knows I won't be able to do it when he's older. I'll be able to teach him about style though so he stays the good looking kid that he is.
  4. After feeding him in the morning, getting the biggest smiles he can possibly give me.
  5. Trying my hardest not to laugh at those smiles so I can get him changed & back to bed for some more much needed sleep.
  6. Often giving in, laughing & smiling back anyway, getting him worked up & loosing out on that sleep.
  7. Feeling the close connection between us when I feed him.
  8. Warm cuddles together.
  9. Talking to him & listening to him trying to "talk" back.
  10. Being able to sing all day & Logan getting a kick out of it.
  11. Watching him learn how to use his body when we do tummy time.
  12. Developing baby "work outs" for him (I think that's pretty cool).
  13. Reading to him, knowing that it's going to be a nice bedtime routine when he starts sleeping in his crib in his own room.
  14. Looking at how cute he is when he's sleeping peacefully.
  15. Looking at how cute he is when he's screaming...even though this is hard.
  16. Playing with him & his toys on the floor.
  17. Dancing around the house because it's the only thing that will keep him calm at the time.
  18. Laughing because he's looking for me when Bill is holding him or feeding him.
  19. Laughing & smiling about poop. Really, where else do you get to do this as an adult?
  20. Kissing his cheeks, hands & feet.
  21. Because life feels so much better now that he's here.

Yeah, that made me feel a lot better.

3 comments:

Avorie said...

That's terible... I don't know what the judgements were but maybe they say more about the person who made them than they do about you?

Kristin said...

It's pretty crappy. I found out that Bill's entire family never had faith or trust in my parenting skills. In a sigh of relief, wipping the sweat from their brows "they can stop worrying about her parenting skills". Exact quotes.

I'm very angry because those "crazy over protective" feelings I was having were really my gut telling me that my mother in law WAS trying to take over because she didn't trust me.

I hate this.

Avorie said...

Ohmygosh! That's horrible!!! I can't believe they would say that! I've been reading your blog for quite a while and from what I can tell, you are an awesome mommy! I'm so sorry they said such a hurtful thing - and worse that they feel it!

I recently found out that Hubby was so worried about the pregnancy and thought I would need a c-section because his father, who is a doctor, told him that there is no way I was strong enough to carry or deliver a baby. I sure showed them!

My in-laws are questioning my parnting skills as well. My father-in-law is telling me that I'm making a huge mistake by not putting the baby in the nursery at night. Everytime I see them, he tells me that I need to be doing this or that - none of which I am ever doing. The last thing was that I should be supplementing breastmilk with vitamin D. I told him that I take her on daily walks and she gets vitamin D from being outside in the light. It's getting to the point where I don't want any of his advice! When he tells me that I'm making a mistake, I just tell him that I have to make my own mistakes.