Monday, July 31, 2006

Six months old


Dear Logan,

Our time together has flown by so fast. It seems like yesterday that I was still pregnant & waiting for you to come out & join the family. You were easy to get along with from the beginning, with Mr. Fussy Fuss making minimal visits. I'm quite lucky to have a son like you.

You have undoubtedly changed my life. For the better. I've never loved anyone so much before. Your smile, the twinkle in your eyes, our silly play time with your addicting excitement...all make me so happy. I love being with you all day singing songs, reading books & watching you play on the floor, discovering new things about yourself & the world.

I love all of our new experiences together. You love being outside, which is great considering that your Dad & I love to be out there too. You have no fear, willing to try anything once & meeting everyone with a smile. You are a really friendly little guy that everyone loves to pieces.

I am often overwhelmed with love for you. There are times that I read you a bed time story, or sing & rock you to sleep while getting choked up. I think I will always be like this now. I never used to cry before, but I'm so happy I can't help it.

I have so many favorite times with you. I love waking up with you next to me in the morning. You wake up at about 6:00 am to eat, then sleep in with me for a little bit longer. You wake me up by kicking the sheets off, rolling over & playing with my face. I open my eyes & you get the biggest smile on your face. It's so cute.

You love to eat your new foods. Your favorites are bananas & oatmeal mixed with apple juice. If I'm not fast enough, you let me know by grunting. Sometimes you get distracted by Buddha watching you eat. You stop for a minute to smile & say hi to him. Then it's back to showing him how you can eat again.

I love playing with you & making you laugh. We laugh together everyday, even if I have to find new & creative ways to entertain you. It is so much fun to have you sit on my lap while we pat & call the cat & dog over. There we are, both patting my leg. I calling, "come here Buddha, come here Kitty" & you laugh. You love them so much.

You love your bath at night, splashing & kicking, making me hide behind the shower curtain. Now that your Dad has been able to come home earlier, he loves to be the one getting drenched. After your bath with Dad, I get you dressed in you pajamas & read you a story in the rocking chair. You sit quietly, helping me turn the pages. When we're finished, I sing you a few songs, always finishing with your special song. Logan's Lullaby. You know that this is the last song of the night & snuggle in close to me. It is such a special time for us.

Your Dad & I love you so much. We love being with you & our life as a family. We both say to each other how perfect you are & how happy you've made us. Always remember, You are cute. You are sweet. You are smart. You are strong. You are loved & you are special.

Create your own video for free at www.onetruemedia.com

6 comments:

liz said...

Happy 6 months Logan!

Jezer said...

Ahh, what a beautiful slideshow. Logan has so many sweet faces--serious, silly, and just plain adorable.

Happy Birthday, Logan!

Anonymous said...

Logan is such a lucky, lucky kid. And I guess I don't need to tell you how lucky you are... :)

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful!

Reesh said...

Yippeee!! Happy 6 months birthday buddy!!

Love Lily

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

Oh, yay for Logan at 6 months! What a cutie, and what a tear-inducing post.

Kisses to all from da SLC...