Sunday, July 16, 2006

God, can I be more embarrassed & jepordize the sale of our house in the same second?
We had another showing this morning. The time frame was much like the cable company. Somewhere between 9:30 & 11:30am. The family who wanted to check out the pad came around 10:30, just as Logan & I were about to go out for a jog...in the 100 degree heat. Needless to say, I didn't run. But I didn't want to be in the house while they were looking at it. That's just a strange feeling.

So Logan & I went out for a really short walk & they were gone by the time we got back. I put Logan down for a nap & started to check my email. I went downstairs to make myself lunch. While on the way down, I turn the corner into the kitchen & smell something. "Lord, is that me?", I think to myself. I did just get back from a walk in the heat wave that's going on. Now whenever you think the pits are a little ripe, it's customary to have a raised arm in the process. So here I am, doing a self-smell check & the family that just left the showing...right there in the front yard, looking in to the kitchen. I guess they came back to take a second look at the yard, or something.

I do a 180 & walk out of the view of the kitchen window. As fast as I could. I couldn't believe I got busted with a deodorant malfunction, while in my own home. I'm not going to be surprised if we hear back from our realtor. "They think the house is over priced & they think you're weird & smell funny".

3 comments:

Canadian Mommy said...

oh no! That is totally something that would happen to me!
maybe you made the house more real, by showing them that a real family lives there. maybe it'll make the house more 'homey'.

Ashley said...

That's too funny. I'm sure I'd be caught picking my nose or something.

Anonymous said...

LOL... I'm sure I'd be caught doing something embarrassing too! Well, that or I'd somehow trip on something and possibly fall ontop of whoever was seeing the place. :\