Saturday, July 15, 2006

If I had to take a guess.
I would guess that Logan doesn't like rice cereal. He eats it, but not willingly. There are bouts of crying (where I worry that he's going to inhale & choke), but a crying open mouth is the only way it's getting in him too. Fortunately, Buddha & Kitty hang out to lend a helping paw, keeping Logan entertained & yet a little distracted.

I've mixed with water & apple juice & as of this morning breast milk too. I was able to pump about an ounce when it was time for him to eat. I mixed it up & it wasn't much better than yesterday. He did eat all of it, which is an improvement from the last few days. But, still. I think I made need to try a different type of grain or something.

I gave him some banana yesterday. He seemed to like that a little better. Not as much crying as with the cereal. I might try & mix the banana in the cereal & see what happens. I'm also going to get avocado & some other veggies & we'll start on those this next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we first started feeding Kira, we had to wait til she was screaming too since that's the only time her mouth was open. I think (or at least with Kira) it's because they're pretty hungry and spoon-food doesn't come as quickly as milk. LOL. Kira's now mostly very patient, and waits mostly silently for her food. (She didn't like the rice cereal either and it ended up really giving her hell)

We haven't given her banana by itself yet, though I'm looking forward to trying it. Did you end up buying those almost "over ripe" ones to mash up?

Kristin said...

I had a banana in the house that was a little spotted. Not too brown, but not too yellow either.

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

Oatmeal solved our cereal issues. D HATED rice, would never eat it, but dude, you couldn't give the kid enough baby oatmeal.

With the new foods being introduced, remember the "poop fruits" rules: fruits that start with P help the kiddo poop (prunes, peaches, pears, plums) and apples and bananas tend to have more of the opposite effect. This was really helpful to me as the only time D has EVER been stopped up was when he was on rice cereal, so peaches and plums became our best friends last summer! :)