Monday, July 10, 2006

It's been a busy day.
Last night Logan didn't sleep at all. He woke up screaming almost every hour. I put some teething gel on his gums & it didn't really help. I gave him some Tylenol & that didn't seem to help much either. The two of us got about 3 hours of sleep & we had to wake up early this morning. All I have to say is, I love coffee. A lot.

We woke up early to drive up to the town we hope to move to. Bill had a second job interview with another gym. While he was at the interview, Logan & I had breakfast at Bill's sister's house & waited for some good news. Bill got back & said that we go back again for a third interview next week. This whole process feels like American Idol. I hope it all works out. This gym is nice. It has everything I need & more. Tons of great equipment, a rock climbing wall, tennis courts, pools, the whole nine yards. If Bill doesn't get the job, we're still going to buy memberships.

Since it takes an hour & a half road trip to get up there, we spent the day with Logans Aunt & Uncle. We played disk golf (the guys did anyway), while Bill's sister & I talked about labor & everything about babies (she's six months along now). Then we went out for lunch & took a tour of the gym Bill is interviewing at. We headed back over to their house for a little bit & when through some of Logans baby clothes that we brought over for them. They will never have to do laundry. We brought a garbage bag & a half & they already have a full dresser.

We decided to go to the park & feed the ducks too. That was a trip. We fed about a million geese, a few ducks & a couple of squirrels. The geese were totally freaking me out. They are brave little suckers & try to eat the bread from your hand. I had to practically kick (not really) them away thinking that they would eat Logans fingers. Logan didn't seem too interested in them at all.

We did a little shopping & got Logan a new onesie & hat before we left & did some more shopping when we got back into town. I told Bill that I wanted to get Logan a new toy because he seems to be getting bored with the ones he has now. I really wanted to find some kind of puzzle toy that would make him think & keep him busy. We found a shape puzzle that he loves. I showed him how to put the shaped blocks in the right hole. He knows that he needs to get them in, but needs to figure out the shape part first. He's catching on pretty quick.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the interviews!

Corinne said...

Have you tried Hyland's teething tablets??? I tried orajel and tylenol first too, without any luck... and those tablets worked wonders for Shepherd....

Good luck with the interviews... I know how nerve wracking that can be....

Anonymous said...

Good luck to Bill for the third interview! It's crazy that they don't just schedule all the people necessary to make the decision for the 2nd time around. And I just caught up on the other posts, sorry to hear things are so stressful for you right now. You and Bill have an amazing relationship and will get it back as soon as things get settled again. Don't sweat it and just keep it mind the happiness you had before baby and what an incredible son you have!!! Everyday things will get better!

Anonymous said...

Corinne is right - those teething tablets are a miracle drug.. and they are 100% natural to boot!