Sunday, July 30, 2006

Looking for a new place to live.
It's been hard. For the last few days I've been scouring property management sites, craigslist, the classifieds & sending our family out around the town to see if it's worth a look. We were up there again this weekend for Bill's sisters baby shower & before we went, we checked out a couple of houses. We're looking to rent until we get a good idea of the area & see what the new gym has in store for Bill. I hate renting. Especially in this college town.

College kids are freakin' dirty. Every house we walked in, I made sure to not touch anything. It was that gross. In one house (the one Bill liked the best), there were three or four kids passed out, Nag Champa attempting to cover up the illegal ongoings of the early morning & it looked like it had never been cleaned once since moving in. It was an interesting showing, to say the least.

I have a list of 9 more places to look at on Wednesday when we make another trip. This is when we need to make a final decision. I hope to God we find something respectfully nice. I'm having a hard time mentally, not comparing these places with our house now. I really have to lower my expectations. We did find a place that I totally love, with everything that I'm asking for (3 or more bedrooms, 2 or more bathrooms & hardwood floors) but it's $300 more than our budget. I may have to see if I can sell Bill on the idea of $300 not being that much more. I doubt it though.

After the discouraging showings, we went to the shower. The air conditioner wasn't working that well so it was cooler outside at 100 degrees than it was inside with 30 to 40 warm bodies sitting around. Other than the heat, it was fun. Bill's sister didn't get many clothes & didn't have doubles either.

I had been having major anxiety about Bill's mom abducting Logan again & dealing with the same kind of crap like I did on vacation. I talked to Bill about it, again. "This is between the two of you", he says. I was going to email her but after reading the email, I decided not to send it. It would've started a family feud. So then I talked to her the day before the shower. "Logan's going to be hanging out on my lap at the shower. He's been fussy because of teething". She said she understood.

I held onto Logan the whole time (with the exception of another grabby grandma that I hardly know taking him away for a minute before I took him back). He was so perfect the entire time. He didn't cry at all, all of the loud strangers didn't bother him & he met another 4 & a half month old baby that he loved playing with. Obviously, Logan wasn't teething & was far from grumpy. Bill's mom ended up abducting a one month old from a friend of Bill's sister. She held onto that baby for so long that the 2 year old older brother was worried about where his baby sister was. The mom had to bring him over to Bill's mom, showing him that his little sister was ok.

There were a couple of times during the day (before the shower) where Bill's mom ran over, loudly clapping "Come to grandma" when Logan made a noise. The first time she did this to me, Logan made a peep not more than a minute later & I was up taking him back. I think she got the point because when she did it again, she did it with Bill. I think her trying to take over is coming to an end. We'll see what happens later this week when we go back again.

No comments: