Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Apparently he was distracted.
Last night Bill was able to come home from work a little earlier than usual. We hung out on the floor & played with Logan, putting hats on his head & giving him cell phones to chew on. As we were having a good ol' time, I turn to Bill & ask, "What time is it"? "It's a little after 8:00", he says. We were expecting a friend from out of town in about an hour & I hadn't jumped in the shower yet. It was one of those days where Logan only wanted to sleep for a grand total of an hour.

"Here, can you give Logan a bath & get him to bed while I shower"? I hand over the boy. "Umm, yeah. How do you do it?" he asks. "It's not that hard." I tell him. "Just make sure you clean his diaper area really well because I've had to use a lot of diaper cream recently. Lube him up with lotion, clean his ears, suck out some boogers, read him a book & you're good to go". I check the water for Bill to make sure it wasn't too hot. It was perfect. Then I run, leaving Logan in his fathers care.

As I was in the shower I heard Buddha barking in his guard dog bark. I prayed. "Please God, give Bill the common sense to not leave Logan in the tub by himself to answer the door". Buddha stopped barking & I didn't hear any yelling or commotion coming from the other side of the house. I felt better.

I dry off & get dressed, coming out to say hi to our friend & make sure Bill didn't drown our son. Logan was chillin' out on the changing table as Bill was getting him dressed. I did a mental sigh of relief. "Can you finish for me & read him a story?" he asks. "Oh. I forgot to put lotion on him too". I take over & start to get Logan undressed so I can get him nice & soft. "Hey!" I laugh. "You forgot to put a diaper on him too!"

5 comments:

Canadian Mommy said...

LOL! That is too funny! Luckily Patrick hasn't forgotten that part yet! Good thing you caught it in time too!

Jack's Mommy said...

Hilarious! Kudo's to you for having the faith in your hubby to do this with some quick verbal instructions. I am not there yet! I am such a control freak!

Anonymous said...

LOL, I'll admit that I've done that with Kira too. Not often, but often enough that I should remember she ISN'T potty trained and that she still requires a diaper. LOL

Courtney said...

Men!! :)

(p.s. Hi, I'm Courtney, I read Girl From Florida)

Rachel said...

That wasn't part of the instructions. How funny though. I don't think my husband bathed the kids until they were old enough to wash themselves and get themselves dressed.