Saturday, July 22, 2006

I'm going to learn jujutsu.
That, or miraculously sprout a third arm. Since Logan has been eating more solids, the diaper changing is different. Yeah, it's a little more difficult. It takes more time to clean him up & more supplies. He also thinks it's a prime opportunity to try & get his hands down there while kicking & squirming. As of now, the list of sports he will be great at:
  • Soccer
  • Martial Arts
  • Boxing
  • Swimming
  • Wrestling
The common theme in all of these activities? Spastic appendages & body contortion. I would be cool with this if he was on the floor playing. Hey, that's what play time is for. But no. He wants to spar & scrimmage at the most inconvenient of times. When I have my hands full. Sometimes I feel like I need to get him in a head lock. Not just any head lock. A Full Nelson.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was a couple that brought their 2 1/2 year old to the boys' party this past weekend. He's not toilet trained yet. One of them had to hold him down while the other changed him, and the one changing him still got kicked. No kidding.

liz said...

Oh boy. Alison's comment scares the bejeebus out of me. And I thought getting Henry to nurse while he shoves two fists in his mouth was hard. I can. not. imagine.
I don't want to imagine either! yikes!

Ashley said...

Paisley does that-as soon as I take her diaper off she reaches down to see what she can find. I've found that if I keep a bunch of toys by her head that'll distract her for awhile...

Derek, Tracy & Calvin said...

Tracy's brother is a third degree blackbelt. Maybe his training will come in handy for when our little one arrives.