Friday, July 21, 2006

24 weeks
A growth spurt & teething at the same time
This has been a hard week for Logan. Mr. Fussy Fuss & his reign of terror have been in full swing. He hasn't had a good night's sleep in a while. He's been hungry & in pain. He's teething, but his teeth aren't erupting yet. It's taking forever, the poor boy. After reading Corrines' post on Hylands teething tablets & hearing from everyone else in the parenting world that these are like gold, we finally found some last night. All of the stores we've been to have been sold out. Last night Bill went on another run to look for them. He gave me a call. "Is there crack in these tablets?", he asks. "What are you talking about." I reply quite confused. "I've been to three different stores & they've all been sold out. I finally found some. There must be crack in these." A true life testament that Hylands works.

His rice cereal breakfast has been much better. He isn't crying anymore & actually likes it, leaning in for every bite. He loves bananas too. We're going to start avocado this afternoon. We're still at a slow pace with introducing solids because I haven't talked to his Doctor yet. His appointment was scheduled for the end of August, but now that Bill has a new job our insurance provider will be different. I'm sad that we have to find a new pediatrician. I really liked Dr. "F'.





















Making Logan laugh is still a challenge, but it's getting easier. Bill & I say that he has our sense of humor. Dry & sarcastic. It's hard to make a baby laugh with dry humor. However, sometimes if I act like a fool, he laughs. Last night has was sitting in his boppy chair, making a lot of noise with his "crunchy" book. I sat in front of him & imitated his arm flailing. He thought that was the most entertaining thing ever. He's never laughed that hard before. It was so funny that I was going to call Bill at work & leave a message so he could hear it too. The minute I grab the phone, Logan knew what I was doing & stopped. The little stinker.

3 comments:

Jezer said...

Oh, my goodness, we did the growth spurt + teething last week. NOT PRETTY. And still no teeth! What gives? Al loves the Hyland's--your analogy to crack is spot on!

One thing that is guaranteed to make Al laugh is to put him in his bouncy chair in the bathroom while I shower. As soon as I slide open the door to step out, he laughs hysterically! That's JUST what I need!

I laugh freely, and the Mr. is more of a dry guy. I have only myself to blame, ha!

Anonymous said...

Hyland's IS crack! I forgot Ava's in San Diego when we came out to Md. this week - bad mommy I know!! And after 2 stops finally found some @ Walgreen's!

Rachel said...

Hyland's are awesome! Which reminds me that I need to tell my mom to get some for my nephew. He's getting his molars in. Logan is such a handsome guy.