Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sometimes you just have to write

I've got a lot to think about today. I've often mentioned how blogging has helped me personally in difficult situations. There's just something about writing that helps me to work through certain events. When I started blogging I kept those feelings and issues on the down low until I couldn't keep it inside any longer. Thus began the "non-deleted posts" entries that were primarily about the in-laws. I'm at that familiar place again but with a different topic.

Once I started those "non-deleted posts" entries, I felt better. There wasn't anything I wouldn't write about, with the exception of my marriage. That's where I'm at. I said that my marriage was an off-limits subject because it was something that I respected and wanted to keep between the two of us, but right now, I feel like I'm the only one who's respecting anything. I know writing about it will help me personally, but I really have to think long and hard if that's where I want to go. It would be a whole different ball of wax if this was an anonymous blog where friends and family didn't read (don't worry - there's not going to be any graphic information. I have more class than that).

Regardless if I write about us or not, there are probably going to be some Debbie Downer entries in the next few days. That's just what's going on. So, if you're looking for sunshine and rainbows, you're not going to find it here until maybe next week (or let's hope so anyway).

4 comments:

Evolving Mommy Catherine said...

I struggle with what to share and what is off limits too. I think I would share more and maybe even write a bit differently if I knew that friends and family weren't reading but what can you do, right? I say do what makes you feel better, or at least helps.

Liz said...

::hugs::
You're not alone. Say what you need to. Everyone else can just deal.

Eriness said...

I have always written what I wanted, why should you have to filter what you write? It is your blog, write what you want!

Eriness said...

I think I meant to say I always write what I want, something is up with my grammar!