Thursday, May 20, 2010

I can do this

A few weeks ago I wrote a post over on the blog for our writing group that I wanted to post there before here. After being a part of that group for over a year, our writing in general has become more honest and real, and I think most people are feeling safe enough to bare their souls in their writing. Myself included. This moment that inspired my writing shook me up a bit and I needed that wound to scab over before posting it here. History has proven on this blog that anytime I write about my childhood and the repercussions of living in an abusive home, there is sure to be Anonymous comments and hate mail.

So, after a few weeks of riding the curves and dips of that roller coaster ride, I'm back to smooth sailing (and writing certainly helped that) and need for this piece to be a part of my blog here. Because it is about my life and in this issue, I refuse to hide.


I can do this

3 comments:

Brandy said...

I can't get that link to work...

Kristin said...

That's strange. It worked for me. But here's another link:

http://realitywritescollective.blogspot.com/2010/05/i-can-do-this.html

Brandy said...

Kristin, it was my computer.. so sorry for the trouble!