Monday, July 27, 2009

BOO!

I'm sure someday this will come back to bite me in the butt. I can see Logan getting older and scaring me so much that I die of a heart attack right there on the spot, especially since I scare so easily.

Logan loves to be scared and startled. He thinks it's the funniest thing ever. It all started innocently enough, startling him by passing by when he least expected. "You scared me mom!" he would say laughing. Then it escalated. I would pop out from a door way and he would jump and laugh some more. "Do it again! Scare me again!" he would plead.

So, on and on this went, eventually becoming part of his bedtime routine. After Bill gets him out of the bath and dressed in his pajamas, they both sneak through the hallway to come scare me while I'm working in the office. I can hear Logan giggling and pausing by the doorway with his hands over his mouth. It is so funny! He comes running in, "I scared you mom!" and gives me a big hug.

Then one day last week, Bill came home from work a bit early. Logan was playing outside in the back yard and Bill hid in the living room behind the partial wall that separates the living room from the kitchen. I called Logan inside telling him that I wanted to show him something. He came in, unsuspecting, asking what was going on. Then Bill pops out with a yell and scared the living hell out of Logan. He let out a high-pitched scream, unlike any scream I've ever heard come from him before, and he jumped about a mile high. And then? He laughed and laughed. We were all laughing. I was laughing so hard I was crying, doubled over on the couch.

We still get a good laugh when we talk about it.

1 comment:

karen.hartzell@gracobaby.com said...

What a funny post! Reminds me of the time I jumped out from behind a corner and scared my younger brother and he dropped to the ground and cried! We were about 8 and 11 at the time. Even though he cried at the time, we laughed about it later, and still do to this day! Thanks for sharing!