Sunday, April 01, 2007

That wasn't very funny
Last night I heard a a bump in the night. It made me sit straight up like a deer in headlights. This actually happens to me often, but this time I woke Bill up. "What. Is everything OK", he mumbled. "Yeah. I just heard a noise. I think it's fine", I whispered.

Now, if something or someone was trying to get into the house or roam around in the back yard, Buddha is a great alert dog. Not so much an attack dog, but he would bark a whole lot & wake us up (or so we think...we had a friend stay with us one time & he walked straight into the house in the middle of the night while we were asleep. Buddha didn't even move).

Anyway, we went back to sleep.

This morning Bill wakes up & begins to get ready for some yard work. I'm with Logan in the living room when Bill opens the front door & asks, "Did you leave the garage door open last night?" "No", I reply. "Well, someone broke in & stole the car. It's not here", he says. "I KNEW IT! That was the noise I heard last night!", I say as I run out the door leaving Logan in the living room (& he begins to cry).

The whole time I'm thinking, Crap! That's our only car! What in the hell are we going to do!?

"April Fools!" Bill smiles. I slug him in the arm, go back inside & pick up our crying son. "That wasn't very funny".

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL good one!!

Half the day had passed for us before we even realized it was April first. Doh.

Erin said...

HOW MEAN! Oh I would have been pissed...

Wendy said...

That was a good one:)

Anonymous said...

That wasn't very funny.. but at the same time, hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think it was pretty funny! I wish I had thought of something so clever...

liz said...

f*cker.

that's not very nice or funny!

but it was a good one!