This tag by Erin is a nice break from the "life crap" that has seemed to be in a lull for the next couple of days (until we have The Conversation, anyway). I'm supposed to write about five things that I've never posted on the blog before.
Now I found this funny because, what haven't I posted on the blog! I do live an open life, spilling the beans about my life, venting my frustrations about Bill's family & all of the boring stuff in the middle. There's one part of my life that I will never write about & that's the personal relationship between Bill & myself in our marriage. I may touch on some things here & there, but most of it will stay private. Some chose to write TMI about that part of their life & that's their choice, but it's not for me. Especially since I have friends & family that read this. Nor do I want to potentially set up an incident where Logan would find that info & need years of therapy to erase what he just read.
So now that I covered what I won't write about, onto what I haven't....
- I've been doing "deep relaxation" in counseling sessions, which honestly, I think is hypnosis. But I don't know the difference. We started this to help decrease the flashbacks that I was having recently. The first time I "went under", it was a very strange experience that brought on an immediate anxiety attack. I was completely relaxed on the couch, she started counting down. "10, 9, 8, 7, 6...." As she got closer & closer to 1, my muscles started to tense up, my chest & stomach twisted, I couldn't breath & bam. Panic attack. I still stayed "relaxed" & we did what we needed to do. After the session & for the rest of the day, I was completely wiped out. It actually freaked me out a little too. But, we did it a few more times & each time, the attacks were less intense. Now, I'm not having any flashbacks at all & the last time we did "deep relaxation", it was great.
- I love cats more than dogs. For years & years I asked Bill if we could get a cat. He always said no because he was allergic. I didn't believe him & kept asking. When we lived in Portland, my biological clock started ticking, big time. It didn't take much to convince Bill that if we went to the pound & picked up a kitten, maybe I would be distracted & wouldn't think about having a baby. Well the next thing you know, we have P-Kitty (Kitty's 'real' name). Seven months later, Logan was conceived.
- Last month I was recruited to hold a board position in MOMS Club. This does not surprise me one bit, as I've held some type of leadership position in every organization that I've been a part of. For those LDS (or who have LDS families), I was Laurel president. I was a soccer coach for a couple of seasons. I was the senior assistant in the chiropractic office (& ran the entire place) & the assistant fitness manager (moving up to Fitness Manager, but stepped down after I found out that I was pregnant) at The Gym. This position in MOMS Club officially starts this summer.
- I have a box of notes from my freshman year of high school. It's like a time capsule, with notes from all of my friends from the entire school year. A couple of weeks ago, I opened it up & read every single note for the first time since 1995. It amazed me how much time we wasted on writing notes to each other, how boy crazy we all were & it gave me valuable insight at what life with a teen might be like when Logan is in high school. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep them anymore, because I don't want to give Logan any ideas.
- Bill & I have a very traditional marriage in which he does all of the driving. The only time I drive the car is when I need it to go to play group or have an appointment. So, I drive maybe twice a week at most. It's been like this from the beginning. When we moved from Vegas to Portland, we became a one car family & I didn't drive at all for four years. My drivers license expired & I ended up having to take my drivers test (just like in high school) at eight months pregnant.
***There's a great update on The Other Blog about cyber client success & I also wanted to give all of the blogging moms a heads up that Erica just signed up too. She has a great goal with some serious humor to go with it!***