Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Second base
We're making progress over here with the lawsuit against the Big City Gym! For the last few months, I've been researching on how to file this claim ourselves. It has not been easy; my eyes glaze over & roll back into my head every time I read legalese now. There's been a lot of research & trying to figure out how the intricate details of the legal system work. Let me tell you, attorneys pay an arm & a leg for their education & it's worth every last cent. It's not something you can just learn on your own in a few short months (like I was even thinking that was possible, anyway).

So, last night in a last ditch effort, realizing that filing the suit on my own was way too difficult, I contacted one of our local news stations. It sparked a bit of frustration when I picked Bill up from work & told him about it. "I don't think that's going to work", he said. I quickly snapped back, "Well, what do you suggest that I do!? We've exhausted every last option & I'm grasping at straws now!" This really made for a quite ride back home. It was not what I wanted to hear. If I was going to be told that this idea wouldn't work, it would have been better received if there was an alternate idea suggested, rather than me just being shot down.

This afternoon I took a nap while Logan was sleeping, too. I was awoken by the ring of my cell phone & a voice mail alert. I got up & listened to the message. It was the news station calling me back. They wanted to get a reporter out here to see what the story was about. I almost fell to the floor listening to this message. It was another hope! If there's not anything they can do about it, at least the story will get out to all of Colorado & maybe there will be someone who watches that can help us out. At this point, all I have left is hope.

1 comment:

Erin said...

How exciting! I can't wait to hear how it goes!! Good luck!