Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Coffee, antidepressants and internet crack

Well, I do have to say - Bill has stepped up to the plate and has finally had the difficult conversation about the time out with his parents. On Saturday, rather than telling them that we were going to be at Logan's birthday party, they were told that we were doing MOMS Club stuff. After dwelling on it for a while and thinking that the continued lies weren't helping anything at all, we had a discussion, with tears - but less in the past - about how I was frustrated that he is still protecting his mom's feelings over mine when she's the one doing horrible things, yada, yada, yada.. For some reason, the light bulb clicked and he saw the situation differently. A little later he called Grandma L and told her the truth, that we were at Logan's birthday party and they had not been invited because of all that was going on.

On Monday night, Bill came home from work and told me that he had met with his parents for coffee that afternoon. He talked to them clearly about the time out. I don't know all that was said, other than him telling them the privilege of them seeing all of us as a family wasn't going to happen until there was some kind of resolution. He said that his mom cried, because that's what she does, but she understood the situation. I had to roll my eyes, not at the crying part, but the fact that she doesn't do anything on her own to work on the issue. She's going to wait six to seven months until their next visit. I just don't understand. But, whatever.

Today we all went in for my OB appointment to talk about switching to a different medication. I brought Bill along with because he still says he notices a difference where I don't notice or feel different at all. The boys were pretty good during the appointment, even though Logan was being a distraction and on a sugar high from getting a blue sucker. I'm going to wean off of Lexapro and switch to Wellbutrin. Unfortunately, all antidepressants have similar side effects, but Wellbutrin should be less. I had my blood drawn to check out my thyroid and if I don't do better on this medication (or if there's something going on with my thyroid) I'll have to have my regular Doctor check it out (which I need to find. I don't have a GP yet). We'll see how everything goes with this in the next few weeks.

Then. Facebook. Oh, my God. I tried to stay away for as long as I could, but eventually got sucked in. Is it just me, or is Facebook the ultimate internet crack? I've found all sorts of people on there, even my next door neighbor from when I was eight years old. How crazy is that!? Fun stuff, I tell you. Anyway, since the in-laws are in a time out, Aunt Ju-Ju was on my friends list and so I took her off. I had one of Bill's cousins on there too, who happens to be really close to Grandma L and I know that if I had kept her on my list, the info train wouldn't come to a stop. So, I took her off too, even though she's a victim of association. Oddly enough? Right after I removed this cousin in-law, another cousin in-law emailed for a friend request and the next day? An aunt in-law. One of Grandma L's sisters. I ignored both requests. I somehow feel like they wanted to have access to updates and pictures to pass onto Grandma L since I update a lot more than Bill does. Sneaky, I think.

9 comments:

Brandy said...

Yes I too am addicted to Facebook...and other peoples blogs..

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristin! I've been on various anti-depressants (for clinical depression) for about 5 years. I had the same issue with Lexapro and was also switched to Welbutrin. I just wanted to let you know that it made things *much* better for me. Don't be discouraged!!

Kristin said...

Thanks Anonymous - I really appreciate the comment :)

Unknown said...

OMG!!! Facebook is SOOOOOOOOOOO addictive! Went shopping with one of my high school friends on Sunday who I hadn't heard from in 8 years. We got in touch via Facebook and it was like we had seen each other yesterday! It is awesome!!!

Eriness said...

I am addicted to Facebook too, it is bad. Very bad.

Kristin said...

Yes, Erin - you are addicted :) Yesterday was particularly funny.

Eriness said...

Yeah. You know, I actually only allow 50 people out of my 300 friends to see my status updates. I realized, I do not care enough about most of them (old old friends and aquaintances) for them to see every thought and whim. So I have only allowed a few to read. Did you see that setting in the privacy settings? You can control every aspect of what every one of your friends sees. You could actually have your relatives be your "friend" and they could only see your profile info, no pictures. It would drive them crazy. I would do that just to torture them but then again maybe I am a sadist lol. None of my relatives on my husbands side can see my updates. They can only see pics. I am so over them.

Eriness said...

I am glad I could amuse you in my torture lol. :o)

Kristin said...

NO! I didn't know you could do that!!! That might be a better option. I'll have to look into it today.