Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Writers block
If there's one thing I've learned about myself over the last few years, it's that I experience burnout pretty darn quick. No matter what job I've had or how much I loved it, it still happened. Usually I would burnout so bad that my recovery resulted in an emotional meltdown or a career change (from personal trainer to stay at home mom is a great example).

Fortunately, I've been able to recognize & accept this limitation & personality trait. I don't let it bum me out & I just move along. Over the last few months, there have been many stressors in my life that have been pushing me towards burnout, which manifested as writers block on The Other Blog. I have three different posts (meal replacements, anatomy & another time wasting machine example), incomplete & unpublished that are just "there". I finally was able to sit down during Logan's naptime & pump one out off the top of my head. I'm finding that it takes personal experiences to snap me out of writers block.

Last week the General Manager of the small town gym left Bill a message letting him know that they changed their minds & wouldn't let him work as a sub at the front desk (which was going to let me continue training at the gym without purchasing a membership). We were officially banned from going there altogether - just because Bill questioned them about deducting illegal charge backs. I guess they figured out we were serious about reporting them to the State Labor Board. This put a wrench in my training programs for clients that I'm doing one-on-one sessions with.

So, the weather has been beautiful & absolutely perfect for park/boot-camp routines. I'll be able to train outside for a few more weeks, then I'll have to get a membership somewhere (& this will make for an interesting post, for sure). My photographer friend & I did our first park workout last night & it was so much fun. It also made for a great topic on Virtual Fitness.

So, after a month of writers block, I finally have my "Gym in a bag" post up. I hope I'll be able to keep the momentum going!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Awesome post on the fitness blog! I'm becoming inspired to get off my rear and pull out my stair master and small weights again. =)

Once I get a clean bill of health, I'm definately going to!