Saturday, April 19, 2008

You know you're old when...
It's been a busy, boring week with nothing significant going on. I started training a client in her home at 6:00AM & let me tell you, getting up at 5 sucks. But, I better get used to it! Along with training, I'm making sure I get my own workouts in, organized the Walking Group, taking Logan to school, going to playgroup & doing whatever else we have to do during the week. I am starting to get tired quickly, falling asleep on the couch at 9:00PM. You know you're old when you fall asleep before the news comes on.

The weather has been absolutely beautiful, so we've been spending a lot of time outside. Logan loves to play out in the back yard on our playset. I love how our kitchen & living room are designed so I can watch him out the windows when I'm cleaning or cooking. He's strong enough to open the sliding glass door & lets himself in & out. I love this new aspect of freedom & it lets us both do what we want. You know you're old when you would rather stay inside & cook dinner than play outside.

One thing I am worried about though, is that Captain (the neighbors dog) still continues to make daily visits to our backyard. It used to be cute & fun until he started scaring Logan. He was slightly aggressive towards Logan (didn't bite him & didn't jump on him, just kind of charged at him) & now Logan doesn't like to be around the dog. I don't blame him, but now it's to the point where he's scared to be in our own backyard when Captain's around. Bill is going to have to have a talk with them about it in the next day or so.

Our dishwasher has been living on it's last leg this week, so we called our landlords to have it fixed or replaced. The way dishwashers are now, it's a lot cheaper to just replace them. So, that's what they did. It was just installed this afternoon & it's a really nice one (we've had one like this before & it works great). It was so funny how excited we were to get a new dishwasher. You know you're old when you are thrilled to get new appliances.

I've been looking at getting a new sling/carrier/wrap for when the baby is born. I have a Bjorn & it worked really well for us (even taking Logan on his first hike in it at 9 weeks old). But, there is a weight limit on it & the baby must weight at least 8 lbs. Logan was smaller & I'm positive this baby will be too, so I have to find something to use until I can get them in the Bjorn again. One of the playgroup moms is selling mei tai's & kind of gave us a little carrier demo/seminar this week at playgroup. It was very informative, but I don't think mei tai's are for me. I'm not a fan of the ring slings or hotslings, either. I think I'm going to try a stretchy Moby wrap & see how that goes.

So, now it's official. I'm old & boring.

No comments: