Wednesday, November 19, 2008

So tired

Babies are hard work. But mostly, they are exhausting. I've never been so tired in all of my life. At least when Logan was a baby I could take a nap when he did. Logan isn't napping anymore, so no naps for me at all. With Carter not sleeping through the night, I'm running on fumes. I told Bill last night that one of these weekends, I really want a sleepathon. I just want to stay in bed and only wake up to nurse Carter, then go back to sleep. For an entire day if not two. I desperately need it.

I'm so sleep deprived that I'm losing my mind. Seriously. Last week at playgroup one of the moms was asking me about places to eat on her drive from my house to a park in the middle of town. I stood there like a moron not recognizing the name of the park. I thought it was an intersection that she was talking about and tried to think of these two streets that I had never heard before. The kicker? We used to live by this park and walked there at least three to four times a week. Yeah. Talk about non-functioning brain cells.

I'm sleep deprived that days blend into each other. If it weren't for our family calender, I wouldn't have the foggiest idea what day it was. I can't concentrate on anything that requires great thought and I'm certainly screwing up our finances. I've had to have Bill take over until I can be more organized. It's a miracle that I can even function as much as I do. I can't wait until Carter is sleeping through the night and I can get my brain back to where it was before.

On that note, last week Shannon nominated me for the "Uber Amazing Blog" award. I'm now just getting to it! Talk about being a slacker. After her nomination, I started reading her blog from the beginning. It's a great blog and her son Gage has quite a story. It's a blog that I will definitely enjoy keeping up with. I'm supposed to nominate five other blogs that are inspiring, funny, informative, enjoyable or well designed but to be frank - that's pretty much everyone linked on my sidebar. Otherwise they wouldn't be there! So, while I'm finishing my second cup of coffee and a diet Mountain Dew, consider yourself awarded. Because you deserve it after reading this.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Congrats on your award! I hope that you get some much needed sleep. Here I was complaining this morning because I was up until 1 last night and then Kelsie wanted to get up at 7 this morning. I have nothing to complain about!! Good Luck!