Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Baby kicks are the strangest sensation ever.
Space must be getting tight in there, because Logan has been kicking, punching & rolling up a storm these last few days. Now that he's getting bigger, he's also getting stronger too. It's getting a little crazy. In the beginning of his kicking, I used to think that he had ADHD already because he is so active.

The first time I felt him kick was at sixteen weeks. I was at the chiropractor getting some accupuncture treatments on my lunch break. I was laying on my stomach (because I really didn't even start showing until I was 6 months along) & I felt this little flutter. It was almost like he was doing swimmers kicks at the side of the pool. When I got home that night, I told Bill. He was so excited. The next week I had a prenatal appointment. The Doctor was doubtfull that I was feeling him kick just yet, until she tried to find him to get his heartbeat. She had to chase him down. "Boy, he sure is healthy", she says.
As the weeks went by his kicking increased. It started to distract me while I was training my clients. In the first trimester, when I was so sick, people used to tell me "Oh, that's a good sign! It means you're having a healthy baby". My reply was "He better be an olimpic athlete with how sick I am". Well, now he's my olimpic soccer player.

Shortly there after I started to feel him kick from the outside. It felt like a little poke, like someone's finger was just poke, poking away. Bill's reaction was hillarious when he first felt Logan. His high pitch laughter almost made me wet my pants from laughing so hard. It was always a nice way to go to sleep at night laying on my side, my hand just below my bellybutton with him kicking away on it. After Logan got bigger, we could see him moving around. Bill had the same reaction as when he felt him for the first time. I swear his eyes just might have popped out of his head. It was a very alien experience watching him roll from one side to the other with little jabs along the way.

Now Logan has mastered his soccer skills & has picked up martial arts. He kicks me so hard that it makes me gasp & jump. I must look like I have some kind of mental disorder. Sometimes he keeps a constant pressure on my ribs & I have to push him down out of there, or he will lean on my belly, stretching, making me feel like my stomach is going to explode. The other night he kicked me so hard that he bumped my hand off of my stomach. He's mostly active at night (I hope this isn't a sign that he's a night owl) & he keeps me awake for a few hours before I can get to sleep. The funny thing is, to get him to calm down all I have to do is have Bill put his hand on my stomach & he stops instantly. It was kind of a bummer when Bill wanted to feel him & Logan wouldn't cooperate, but now it's a pretty handy trick.
I feel like I'm going to have my hands full when he's learning how to walk & becomes mobil. He's probably going to be a little trouble maker.

No comments: