Friday, December 09, 2005



Yeah, it's Friday.
It's funny that I still look forward to the weekend even though I'm at home all of the time. Well, that's why....I'm home all of the time. Actutally, It's kind of pathetic. We only have one car right now & with Bill travelling 30-45 minutes to get to work, that leaves me here with the dogs & kitty. I feel like Dr. Doolittle.

I totally understand the isolation that stay at home moms go through. I think I've adjusted pretty well, even though it was a little rough in the beginning. With hormones acting up a bit, feeling crappy about the job loss & everything compounded with isolation (when I was used to talking to hundreds of people a day), I cried like a 2 year old when Bill suggested that he run a quick errand to the hardware store alone because it would only take a few minutes. I couldn't believe how I was acting, but I NEEDED to get out of the house. After sobbing about how I felt like a housemaid prisoner, he reasured me that he understood & it's never been an issue since. Now he always asks if I want to go with, or really just assumes I'm comming. He really is quick to learn.

Without a baby actually here, it makes finding things to do a little difficult. These few months of "early maternity leave" have really made me more excited for Logans birth. It's a little crazy that someone could look forward to breastfeeding, diaper changing, crying, etc. so much. But, without all of the new mom duties, that leaves me with cleaning (& really, how much can you clean everyday when you don't have kids to pick up after), conversations with Kitty (I swear I'm not a crazy cat lady) & the now very much hated daytime T.V.

That is a very good reason as to why I started this blog. It used to be fun watching all of the baby shows; getting a wide variety of pregnancy experiences, crying at the births & seeing what to expect when you bring baby home for the first time. Then it started to feel like self torture. I thought crying on a daily basis (even if they are tears moved by the miracle of life) was a little much. So then came the insanity of the court shows. I swear, if I ever see another Judge Alex, Judy, Joe Brown, Mailyn Milian (Peoples Court) or Hatchett episode, I don't know what I'll do. It astounds me that people would actually go on national T.V. willingly looking like complete idots. It just makes me proud to say "I know who my babys Daddy is"!

No comments: