Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The blog of doom
I kind of feel like that's what it's come to & what it will be like until Friday or so, when the in-laws leave & I can get back to my normal self. Even though we aren't visiting with them today, I am a total grump & not a super nice person to be around.

I'm tired from waking up at 4:30 this morning to find a text message from my client that I was going to train at 6:00 saying that she has insomnia, a sick kid & a headache, so she canceled. Then Tuesdays are our super busy days anyway with school & a Monthly Meeting right afterward. I've had a headache all morning & I've been uncomfortable with normal pregnancy aches (mostly burning sternum - like it's on FIRE). I've also had borderline abnormal pregnancy symptoms that are kind of making me a little edgy. I've been getting a ridiculous amount of braxton hicks contractions, mostly at night, but pretty much every time I move. I haven't been writing times down, but I would say it's about 4-5 in an hour a few times a day if not more & I should make an appointment with my OB if I'm getting 6 or more an hour. And no, drinking a glass of cold water & laying on my left side doesn't stop the frequency, maybe just the contraction itself - which makes me wonder if I'm headed to bed rest if this is something to be concerned about.

I'm mentally drained from the visit already & will have to endure another one at the end of the month when they drive back through at the end of their road trip. I don't like how I feel when they are here, in general & about myself - I'm just not "me" (more on this later). I would love to take a nap, but Logan has been up in his room for the last hour yelling to himself (having some sort of loud conversation) & not laying down for his own nap.

And to top it all off, we don't have anything decent to eat in the house. Talk about a great way to make a pregnant woman irritable. Blah.

5 comments:

Jezer said...

OMG, I had burning sternum like CRAZY when I was pregnant. And every now and then, I'll get it again, but never as bad as the prego days. What IS UP with that? Seriously, do you know, b/c it is one of those things that has always fascinated (and annoyed) me. It's not heartburn, it's not breast tenderness, it's sternum afire.

I wonder if the frequent contractions are stress-related?

I hope you feel better and that things return to normal for you soon.

Unknown said...

awww, I hope you feel better soon! Try to take it a little easier.

Joanna said...

Try taking it easy, cancel a few things if you need too. Lay around for a couple of days and see if that helps anything out.

I hope you get to feeling better!

Kristin said...

Jezer- I'm pretty sure it's from me carrying high in both pregnancies & the ab muscle attachments/ligaments getting stretched too quickly.

I saw our Chiropractor this afternoon & talked to him about it - he palpated along my sternum & ribs. I thought I was going to jump off the table, my left side was so sore. I guess Carter has stretched me out enough to pull a couple of ribs out of place. The Dr popped them back in & the burning is less, but still there. It's not going away until the kiddo drops.

And, contractions being stress related? Didn't even think about it until you mentioned it & YES, they ARE clearly stress related (or most of them are anyway). Maybe I should move to a tropical island for my 3rd trimester :)

Jaime said...

Totally agree with those stress related braxton's. They are a PITA! As for the heartburn...I wish I had some decent advice. I had gallstones and those compounded by pregnancy made me the most miserable (and irritable) pregnant woman you could imagine!

Hope you feel better soon!