Friday, February 27, 2009

Moving in

We've lived in this house for about a year. We moved in when I was pregnant with Carter, sick as sick could be and needed to be rehydrated at the time. Bill had the flu, too. We were a mess. Our wonderful friends helped us move all of our stuff in while also doing the move-in and move-out cleaning. It was a time that we really needed friends and they were there for us.

All during the pregnancy I didn't have it in me to "move in". We unpacked and had many discussions about room functions (months of trying to decide if we wanted a guest room or an office), but our walls are bare and the front room (formal room?) is empty without anything to sit on. We've finally decided that this is the house we want to stay in, so I'm itching to finally make it a home.

This weekend we are hoping to buy furniture for the front room, and then some little things, like plants, picture frames and the "finishing touches". We're a little pressed for time because I'd like to have this all finished now, or at least before Monday when I host photographer friend's baby shower. With 15 people plus kids, we need more than one couch and four chairs to sit in. I also host playgroup often, open our home up for board meetings and am dying to host a bunch of parties this summer. It's time to make this a comfortable place to hang out.

I can't wait to finally get it all put together!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

By Monday, needing furniture!? I wish you the best of luck. Lot's of our furniture stores don't even keep it in stock. We had to wait 3 weeks for the love seat and chair in our den.

Kristin said...

I didn't even think about that since when we bought our couch, I'm pretty sure we got it delivered the next day & had planned on going to the same place again.

Good grief. I hope they have what we want in stock!

Elisabeth said...

Oh my goodness! I totally get where you are coming from! We have been here for just over a year, and still, most of our walls are bare! I am so excited, because we finally painted Stink's room and are actually decorating it. Of course, soon it will be Stink & Peach's room... I hope you were able to find a few great deals out there!