Thursday, June 04, 2009

The write life

For the last couple of days I have been glued to the computer writing. Between writing reviews for my local food blog and working on an essay for writing group I'm going to submit, I'm going cross-eyed. It's been a slow week for workouts and rainy weather - so regardless, we've been house bound. Last night I was up until 1:30am writing to make sure I met deadlines (set by myself). I really need another pot of coffee.

While writing, a couple of random thoughts popped into my head. First, do writers get carpel tunnel? Is this a work-related injury that I'm developing? My right wrist is really starting to ache. Second, how many writers have ADD? Because I seriously think I have it. I get so distracted and if I get stuck, the best remedy is a hot shower. I'm not kidding. I get the best ideas in the shower and have always been able to do my best thinking in there. But at this rate, I'm going to need to buy large tubs of shower gel at wholesale.

So, my essay is almost finished. I just have the last paragraph to write, which seems to be the most difficult. I've yet to take a shower today, so maybe I'll get it figured out in there. I'm going to have to because I need to have this finished in three hours.

1 comment:

J.A. Saare / Aline Hunter said...

I have carpal tunnel in both my hands. It only continues to worsen too. ;(

As for ideas/brainstorming. I get my ideas when doing random chores and listening to my ipod or driving and listening to the radio. I do get a few from time to time in the shower.