Thursday, February 21, 2008

So, he's learned a new word
I'm not sure how I'm going to get him to stop this. I've tried ignoring it & that doesn't seem to work. I've tried telling him not to say it & he never listens to me anyway, so what's the point? I'm at a loss because he says "shit" under his breath.

It's been going on for the last couple of weeks & it doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon. He definitely picked up on when Bill or I drop something, something happens, whatever, we say "shit" under our breath. Now, when Logan drops his cars or something of the like, Logan is whispering "shit" under his breath.

On one hand I think it's kind of funny because he's saying it under his breath rather than yelling it out at the top of his lungs. But ultimately, it is inappropriate & I'd rather not have my 2 year old swearing, especially at playgroup or school. Fortunately, no one else has had the experience of hearing him swear, so at this point, it's only at home.

I guess I'll have to start looking into ways to get toddlers to stop swearing after we move into our house this weekend. Wow, this ought to be an interesting adventure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL this cracks me up; I thought I was the only one going through this!! We ended up changing words to use when we'd ordinarily use the word shit, and now Kira doesn't really use it anymore (she says jesus! quite alot tho). Took about a month I guess to get her to stop completely - we just ignored it.