Friday, February 29, 2008

In my dreams
I dream about food. I'm pretty sure I think about food 24/7. When I'm awake, I think about all of the food I wish I could eat, when I'm asleep, I dream about five course dinners, buffets & treats. I would give anything to go somewhere & load up my plate & stuff myself silly. I guess that's what happens when you're starving.

There are two things I'm craving so much that I think about them every time my stomach growls. Sushi & girl scout cookies. I know I'm not supposed to eat "real" sushi, but I would give my left leg for an all you could eat California roll or some kind of funky cooked concoction. Ugh, it kills me just to type that out. Then the girl scout cookies. Don't even get me started. Once I found out that they were selling in front of the grocery stores, I have been keeping my eyes peeled. I've yet to see them anywhere. Frozen thin mints, caramel delights, shortbread cookies...yummmmm.

The sad thing is I think about all of this food, but there's no way I could keep it down. I'm eating ice chips, bread & butter. Sometimes I'm starving enough that I can keep fries & milkshakes in me. Sometimes I eat it anyway knowing full well that it's not going to stay in. I think I've lost close to 20 pounds (15 for sure) because of the constant nausea. Going through this really makes me appreciate food, the ability to eat & good health.

1 comment:

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

Wow that sucks that you've lost almost 20 pounds!! Will that number drop at any point? I think some tasty milkshakes will help put on weight. LOL YUM And you could even put stock into Coldstone Creamery and make some money from your addiction!! LOL