Monday, January 23, 2006

I don't think Bill is psychic.
He was able to guess that we're having a boy, when I swore up & down that we were having a girl (great 50/50 odds there). He was so sure that we were going to have Logan today though. I don't think so (but hey, we still have 11 more hours to go, so who knows). It would've been a cool birthday to have...01/23/06. I was guessing the 25th, but now I'm changing my mind. He'll probably be born on February 2nd. The day after his due date (it was his original due date, but they changed it after the ultrasound). With the exception of the HG complications, the pregancy has been text book normal. I think Logan may be one of the few that are born on their due date, arriving right on time.

I thought about making a trip to labor & delivery yesterday, but I didn't jump the gun. I thought I was leaking fluid, but decided to jump in the shower & change to see if there was a consistant leak. There wasn't. I have been feeling a little gross the last few days. Tired, achey, nauseous (I haven't been taking my zofran daily because I'm on my last refil & have just a few pills left. I'm saving them for 1st trimester-like symptoms) & a little crampy. I haven't had any contractions really, or ones that I notice anyway. The sharp pain that sent me to the hospital last month has been getting stronger & a tad longer (than a split second), so I hope that means the cervix is changing more.

I keep thinking about the cleaning that I want to get done, but I don't want to do it either. I'm back to being a house hostage again because Bill has had a ton of meetings to go to & his hours have been crazy (15-17 hour days), so he's needed the car. Besides, he doesn't want me to drive at this point anymore for the fear of me going into labor & he not being able to get to me fast enough. Disappointing, but understandable. It's a bummer that I won't be able to work out at the gym or get whatever I'm craving for lunch. I guess that's the way things go now though. It's a good thing I love our home & don't mind being here.

3 comments:

Corinne said...

Stranded? Me too. If I think of anything better to do than sleep, I'll let you know :) Hope you guys have some progress soon though!

Kristin said...

Thanks, I hope we make some progress soon too! So far my days consist of:

Sleeping in

Surfing the web (blogs, baby center & other sites)

Watching Dr. Phil & Oprah

Cleaning the house (when I really feel like it)

Surfing the web some more (I think there are butt dents in the chair now)

Holding people hostage on the phone if they call.

If I find anything exciting to do, I'll let you know too :)

Corinne said...

hahaha... I totally understand the whole holding people hostage on the phone! That's what I do!!! One day I called my dad just to tell him I saw a really good deal at the store, and he laughed and was like, "are you bored, Corinne?" thankfully, he humored me and talked for a little bit, even though my dad's not much of a phone talker.