Wednesday, January 04, 2006

My pre-maternity leave is almost over.
It's really been like a three month vacation of doing pretty much nothing. I will never get this chance again in my life. It was nice. Relaxing. Insightful. Boring. I was able to acomplish a whole lot of something. Not really nothing, but not really a whole lot either. The house is pretty much together, it'll take some growing into. Logan's room is pretty much finished except for a few little things & I did improve on my cooking skills (that in itself is a miracle). My "Martha"-in-training is almost complete.

I'm a little nervous about my new responsibilities. I guess it's like being nervous about starting the first day at a new job. I'm not quite sure what to expect (completely) & I have a lot to learn in a short period of time. Pretty soon my days will be filled with taking care of a family & running the house. Cooking breakfast in the morning for everyone, making sure everyone has clean clothes, beds are made & house is clean, infant massage classes, days at the park, cooking the family dinner every night. Sometimes I wonder what I'm getting myself into.

It's a little strange to anticipate self-change. I don't think I'll be the same person after Logan is born. Much like I wasn't the same person after I got married. I was better, or I had a better half anyway. I hope it works that way again. I hope I'll be better. A better wife, a better person. If I don't have better style & start wearing mom jeans...just shoot me.

No comments: