Saturday, August 26, 2006

Everything all at once.
Not only is Logan crawling, but pulling himself up as well. He's been trying to do this for the last couple of days, but he tried to pull up on toys, not furniture. Clearly it didn't get him anywhere but up on his feet in a sort of crab crawling position.

This morning I've been making more baby food & cleaning the house. I did a pretty deep clean in Logans' room using our new vacuum cleaner (that I'm so excited about. I think this makes me an official "clean freak mom"). I had Logan hanging out in his crib.

The next thing I know, I turn around & see him up on his knees & chewing on the railing. Then I watch him pull himself up. He stands there smiling at me, quite proud of his new trick. "Holy freakin' crap! Are you kidding me?", I laugh. I called Bill at work (who's working to cover for a co-worker vacationing in Turkey. Brave soul). "I need you to do something for me when you get home tonight". "Ok, what?", he asks. "Logan's standing up in his crib right now. We're going to need to lower the mattress so he doesn't try to climb out & fall on his head".

I'm really paranoid right now because we're in between health insurance coverage. We'll be covered on September 1st, once we decide on what to do. With a curious & extremely active little boy, I'm trying not to freak out.

***pictures & video coming soon***

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY! This is so excited, the crawling AND pulling up. Way to go, Logan!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see some video!! (Kira clams up infront of the camera...or she starts crying. Grr)

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

Awesome news!! Yeah, I definitely can't wait to see video. I'm still waiting for James to do this fantastic feat! (partly so I can lift him out of his crib more easily..lol)

Anonymous said...

Crazy kids! We had to lower Ava's too because she is pulling herself up. Fortunately on the bottom setting she can't get anywhere (YET), but she has fallen straight back once and bumped her head which of course she was none to happy about.