Thursday, August 31, 2006

A family reunion of sorts
I'm feeling a little anxious today. My dad is coming out to visit tomorrow & will be here for the weekend. I haven't seen him in years, I think 10 or 12. This will be the first time he meets Bill & Logan.

It's going to be emotional for him meeting his first grandson & making amends with his first born. I'm probably not going to make it any easier by asking a lot of tough questions about my childhood. These are things that I have to know & understand, especially with my personal view & feelings as a parent. I have to know why it was the way it was.

Other than a bit anxious, I don't know exactly how I'm feeling. I'm not feeling overly emotional or really anything. I guess distant is the best word. I don't know if this is denial, or if it's a continuation of the distance that I've felt from him for pretty much all of my life. It's kind of strange to not feel much of anything in a life event like this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That sounds like it will be a really tough weekend, but good for your family.

Good luck. Stay strong.

the boyd girls.... said...

Good Luck.....I will be thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

You're so brave. I haven't seen nor spoken to my father in about 12 years, so he doesn't know anything about me at all anymore. I would be as nervous as hell, but like you, would need lots of questions answered. I hope it all goes well for you guys - you're in my thoughts.