Thursday, August 17, 2006

What's Logan been up to? Weeks 26, 27 & 28
Logans sixth month has been pretty interesting so far. He's been a trooper though all of the changes & chaos that has been happening. He was only upset once & that was when we stayed at the hotel. Nobody was comfortable that night anyway.

He learned how to push himself up into a sitting position. The first time he did this was in his crib. Bill went in to get him & he was sitting up. Then he did it again the next night. It was kind of creepy at first, just seeing him sitting in his crib. Now he pushes himself up all of the time & he started to creep better as well. He creeps more than rolls. He does a one-arm army crawl on the floor to reach things (mostly cell phones or cables that he's not supposed to play with). In the last couple of days he crawled a couple of steps. Not far, but he's getting the arm/leg coordination down.

He's learning how his fingers work. There are times that I'll catch him looking at his hands & moving his fingers. Some people have said that he's waving good-bye, but I don't buy that. I think he just thinks fingers are cool. He knows he has hair too. He likes to rub his head by his ears & sometimes pulls it. At first I was wondering if he was getting an ear infection because he was doing it all of the time. I guess hair is as cool as fingers.

He's eating two "meals" a day. Breakfast & lunch. Sometimes a snack too. He's had prunes & prune juice, pears & peaches in these last few weeks. Tonight I'm going shopping so I can make his food again. We'll start on a new vegetable tomorrow. When he eats he makes this really loud grunting moaning sound. It's so funny. Then if I'm not feeding him fast enough he gets louder, kicking his legs & smacking his hands on the tray. He's starting to spit food too. He spit on Bill, but not on me, yet.

Logan got his first paper cut last week. We were reading a book on my bed. He was patting the pages as I read & the next thing I see is blood smearing all over the page. I grabbed his hand & saw a pretty big paper cut on his thumb. I tried to put a band-aid on it. It didn't work. 10 band-aids later, I realized that he would just keep pulling them off.

Right after we moved, stranger anxiety was starting. Every time I left the room leaving him with his Aunt or Uncle, he would freak out. He even did this when Bill held onto him. The minute he was back in my arms, he would smile again. I didn't know what to think of this. I know it's normal, but I was hoping to get some freedom after the move. He seems to be better about it now. He does ok in the nursery when I work out (he made it a full hour on his second day) & didn't freak out when we left him with a sitter for a little bit. Maybe the move & all of the changes were too much at once. It didn't take him long to adjust though.

I would say that he's pretty much sleeping though the night now. YEAH! He nurses around 6 or 7:00 pm & sometimes wakes up again before midnight. After that, he's out until 6 am. He sleeps in a little bit longer with me until 8:00 & we're up for the day. This has been pretty consistent since settling in. I love it!

****pictures coming soon****

No comments: