Friday, August 18, 2006

I love this town.
I'm back to my hippy ways again. It feels great. While Logan has been taking his nap, I've spent my morning cleaning up the kitchen, doing a load of laundry & hanging it out to dry. With the lack of room in the U-Haul, we left all of our appliances at the house. The house we're renting has a washer but not a dryer. Instead of lugging wet clothes to the laundomat, we strung a couple of ropes between the trees in the back yard to make a clothes line. Once we get our appliances, we'll take this down & hang a hammock there.
Hanging the clothes out to dry in the morning is actually very relaxing. The wind blows through the trees, the birds sing, hawks cry out & red squirrels nibbling on fruit run around watching me hang up Logan's socks. The fresh air feels so good.

After hanging the laundry up, I started making Logan's baby food. Last night we went grocery shopping at a small organic store to get stocked up. I love having organics close to home & not from "Whole Pay Check". This place is very reasonably priced. So now I'm soaking prunes, baking peaches then I'll boil some sweet potatoes. All the while drinking my organic coffee.

Yes, I know I'm a nature nut. But at least I know who I am. I know I'm not a suburban stay at home mom. I was never comfortable playing that part. If feels nice to be me again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting back to nature. It always feels good to stay true to yourself!

Anonymous said...

There's not much available in the way of organic foods around here, and to be totally honest, I'm not too sure I'd pay extra for it anyway.

BUT, I do have a clothesline. I use it all the time. I hang out all my denim, anything that's 100% cotton, and all bedsheets. Even in the winter, unless it's below freezing. Then I use drying racks in the house.

Canadian Mommy said...

I LOVE hanging my laundry. I am always sad when it gets too cold!
Congrats on finding yourself again!