Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A quick update
Wow. Do I have a story to tell. I won't be able to update the full story until after the 16th, when the cable company will be able to get our internet up & going. But this is the jist of it:
  • Packing took 2 full days
  • We ran out of room in the U-Haul & will have to make another trip
  • Hysterical Mother-in-law
  • Night of hell in the hotel
  • Not moving into the house we had signed a lease & paid a deposit for
  • Possibly getting sued for $12,000 worst case senario
  • I wake up feeling like I'm back in the early '80's every morning

I think that about covers it. I'll try to get to an internet cafe sometime soon, or take some time at Bill's sisters' house (like I am right now) to get the full story out. Hopefully Comcast will come earlier, but it's not likely due to school starting soon. Ohhh the joys of living in a college town. Anyway, we made it. We're all ok & it was quite an adventure!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! I can't wait to hear that story! Glad to hear you made it all on one piece.

Anonymous said...

Sounds crazy! Can't wait to hear. Best of luck to you in your new town!

the boyd girls.... said...

Looking forward to that story!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the move and I hope the worst is behind you! Can't wait to hear the rest of the story...

Cindy said...

Must know now!! Please steal away in the middle of the night, break into SIL place and post that story!

liz said...

Jeebus, what the heck happened?