Thursday, March 01, 2007

Sick day bullets
  • I woke up this morning with the left side of my face swollen. My left eye looked super puffy. My ears are still clogged & my sinuses are a wreck (Boo!)
  • Logan is feeling better (YEAH!)
  • Bill fixed the computer (YEAH!!)
  • There's another Pertussis outbreak in Colorado (again) & Aunt Ju-Ju has been exposed to it. Baby B has had Croup for a while & now they're worried that he has whooping cough instead. Bill called asking if Logan has had this vaccination. Yeah. It was the one that he had the really bad reaction to at 2 months old. His pediatrician recommended that he not get that one anymore & we're waiting for a call from the pediatric allergist to see what component of the vaccinations he's allergic to.
  • I think we have to start implementing time-out. Logan has been a little stinker today. I've had to use my stern mommy voice. He knew he was doing something he wasn't supposed to (scratching me, trying to climb behind the TV to get to cords, etc). After telling him No, he would look at me with this "You're not serious Mom. I'm not really in trouble" look, complete with devilish grin. This ought to be interesting.
  • I've been sitting on a post topic for about a week & have been thinking about posting it on Friday. It's another introspective, personal post. I've been crying silent tears about it at night. I'm not sure if I'm ready to write about it yet because I'm still getting choked up about it. I haven't talked to anyone about this either. Bill has no clue. My sisters don't even know. I'm sure I'll get phone calls now that I've mentioned it. It's not a bad thing, just a feeling that I was completely unprepared for that totally caught me off guard. I'm not sure if I'm ready to feel this way because I wasn't trying to. I don't know if I want to accept it either.
  • I am very excited for all of the people working out on The Other Blog. I have received email updates, along with reading posts on their blogs about their successes so far. Every single person who has started has lost weight, fits into their clothes better & they are beginning to feel better. It's been less than a month!
  • I also have to give major, major Thank You's to everyone who has been linking to the fitness blog. I really have been able to work from home, actually making a paycheck. It helps our family out tremendously. Because it's all by word of mouth, I wouldn't have been able to do it alone. So, many thanks to all of you!

4 comments:

Isabel said...

I hope you are doing okay. I hate to hear about anyone crying tears alone.

Anonymous said...

Hey be sure to post and keep us updated if you start doing the time-out thing with Logan. Kira's been in this.. er stage? (I call it the "willful disobedience stage" because that's how it seems) and it's driving me mental. It's not all the time, but some days... oh boy. I've been thinking for some time now to implement the "naughty chair" or spot or something like from super nanny but since she's only a year old so I don't think she'll stay put anywhere, so I'm kind of at a loss! (Rambled a bit there didn't I?)

Beyond that, I hope everything works out okay (my stomache dropped) and now I have my own thoughts running around "guessing" what it might be. I guess I'll have to wait until you post! :P

Keep your spirits up girlie. And get to feeling better VERY soon!

Anonymous said...

I had Whooping Cough right after Christmas. Actually, it was probably during Christmas and before, but it wasn't diagnosed until after. Fortunately I don't think I gave it to anyone.

Feel better. Both sinus-wise and emotion-wise.

Ashley said...

I think everyone is sick now. Hopefully the last of it before spring, right? I'm SO glad that virtual fitness is working out for you. That's great, and I know having income is one of the great stresses in life. I'll link to it as soon as I remember to update my blog. I also hope that whatever is making you upset can be resolved.