Wednesday, November 07, 2007

We interrupt this program
Health care issues are taken care of & in-law drama will continue, picking up tomorrow evening (I'm sure). In the meantime, after taking a few weeks off of writing on The Other Blog, I was finally able to sit down & pump out an article last night. I woke up this morning to find that it had been published by Fox News & Reuters - again, also Omaha News Channel 7 & USA Today!!!!!

I'm revamping my cover letter & contacting our local paper, even though they already have a fitness writer. My friends are threatening to do it for me if I don't do it myself. It couldn't hurt considering health & fitness writing gigs are slim to none right now. I'm pretty sure things will pick back up in the middle of the holiday season when we get closer to New Year's Resolutions.

3 comments:

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

Awesome!!!!

Erin said...

Yay Kristen!! That's awesome!

How do you find out they've published your articles?

Kristin said...

Thanks!!

Erin- I'm a member of a publish ring that pretty much acts as the middle man between me & the media publishers. When I post something & they like it, they have permission to republish it on their media site (FOX News, etc). While I don't get paid per post, if I continue getting published & meet a certain "ranking" or popularity, I'll get paid every quarter. It's not much, but it would be nice. I have a long way to go.