Sunday, March 09, 2008

Cheesecake Factory saved my life
Friday afternoon after Logan's check-up appointment, we went out to lunch with photographer friend & Little M at Cheesecake Factory. We've been wanting to go for a long time (it's in a neighboring town & a little bit of a road trip) & I had been literally starving & wanting to gorge on anything I could get my hands on. I didn't care if it was going to come back up or not. This was the perfect opportunity.

We drove up there with the kids having fun in the backseat screaming back & forth. They were a little rambunctious during lunch & it was extremely draining trying to keep Logan in check. The food came (orange chicken lunch special for me, macaroni & cheese shared with Little M for Logan) & I ate like I never have before. Cheesecake Factory is known for their very large portion sizes. I cleaned my plate in mere seconds. I had to stop a few times to catch my breath & let the food settle. I seriously had to make myself slow down. After inhaling my lunch, we ordered our cheesecake slices (tiramisu cheesecake & Logan didn't get any because he didn't even touch his lunch). I ate almost all of that too, & it didn't take long either.

After we paid the check we let the kids run around on the playground in the outdoor "mall" area. They needed to burn off some energy before we headed back home. It was fun just hanging out & being outside. It was also nice to just sit & let the food sink in as I was trying my darnedest to make sure it stayed down. After wrangling Logan, eating a ginormous amount of food & just being out after months of doing nothing but laying on the couch, I was flat out exhausted. I think I could have fallen asleep on the sidewalk if I really wanted to.

The good news was that after we got home, I was able to keep lunch down. And I even ate a fairly large dinner, too. I didn't want to jinx myself, but as of today, it's been about 4 days since I've thrown up. The lunch at Cheesecake Factory gave me the calories to bounce back a little bit more & even though I'm still on the meds, I feel pretty darn good compared to the walking dead feeling I've had for so long. I stepped on the scale at the gym this morning & I gained 3 pounds. Granted, it's probably the food that's still in me (gross, I know) but at least I haven't lost any more weight. At this point, I'm thinking I won't need to adjust my medication & I don't have to worry about going on IV's or a pump.

I think I've turned a corner & the worst is over. Or so I hope!

7 comments:

Erin said...

YAY!! Kristin that's great!! I hope it continues!

Liz said...

oh i hope you've turned a corner, too.

did you start some new meds? or is your body maybe just settling in?

also: MUST NOW HAVE CHEESECAKE. STAT!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! At the very, very worst, at least you've had a short break. But I hope you're right that you've turned a corner and the meds and your body are taking care of the nausea and vomiting better now.

Anonymous said...

I hope it lasts.So happy that you had a great meal that stayed were it was suppose too.Take care...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are doing better! Yay! And of btw, tiramisu cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory is my fav too! It's AMAZING :-) Yum!

Kristin said...

Liz - I think it's just the HCG (?) hormone adjusting. This didn't happen until week 20ish with Logan, so I'm REALLY glad it's happening now. I hope you were able to get some cheesecake too :)

Angie - It was the BEST cheesecake I've ever had & I've had some pretty freakin' good cheesecake before! It's funny because I couldn't even eat cheesecake with Logan's pregnancy. It was too sweet (imagine that).

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

The talk of tiramisu cheesecake and you feeling better makes this the best blog ever. lol
Hooray!