Friday, March 21, 2008

It's just another day
Today is my 28th birthday & as I get older, birthday's feel like every other day. I don't feel older since motherhood already makes me feel like 40. I guess the most I've done today was paying the bills. How's that for exciting?

Logan & I did go to a baby shower this morning where the expectant mom is going to have a girl. Her first is a boy about Logan's age. We used to be in the same playgroup before we grew too big & needed to split. It was really fun buying cute summer dresses for her & in a way, I hoped we would have a girl. Then I remembered that we would go broke buying dresses & dolls (for some reason girls tend to have a lot more "stuff" than boys) & thought having another boy would be perfect. I can get my girl clothes buying fix with baby showers & birthdays (there are going to be a whole lot of them this year).

While the baby shower was a lot of fun, the rest of the day is same old same old - running errands, paying the bills & dealing with massive temper tantrums in the middle of the store checkout. I guess birthday's get to be boring as the years go by. That's OK, I'll just live vicariously through Logan as he will have super fun birthday's over the next 10 years or so.

5 comments:

Jezer said...

Happy Birthday! March birthdays are the best. Of course, we won't even talk about how you are NINE years younger than I am! You little whippersnapper!

Liz said...

happy birthday, kristin! and yeah...what jezer said, i got SEVEN years on you. whippersnapper! :-)

hope you and the family have some fun tonight to celebrate!

the nervous mom said...

Happy 28th Birthday!!! =)

J said...

Happy Birthday to you! Go to Dinner, buy a chocolate Torte, and eat ice cream until your belly is full! Make it yours! Loves,

Me.

Erin said...

Happy late Birthday!!