Thursday, May 29, 2008

As if
As if it isn't hard enough finding a swimming suit when you're not pregnant, maternity suits are HORRIBLE to look for. This afternoon with Logan in tow, we went all over town looking for a swimming suit for me because it's finally nice enough to start hanging out by the pool. I was hoping I would find one today so we could go swimming before Logan's nap, but that wasn't happening.

I tried a few different stores, one had absolutely nothing for pregnant women & their plus size suits would have never fit me (I don't know why I thought that might be an option), the other had 3 different styles for maternity wear & I tried on larger sizes of a regular cut tankini (not long enough). By the end of the afternoon I was disappointed & thoroughly discouraged. I'm going to have to drive to the next town over to look & see what they have. UGH.

The silver lining of today was that Logan was a PERFECT shopping companion. His behavior has been fantastic over the last couple of days with very little screaming & temper tantrums. It's been awesome! So, while there was a little whining here & there - we did have to leave one store (but we were leaving anyway) & this was the most mild of tantrums - he just wanted to sit on time out to take a break, it was very tolerable & under control. His manners were spot on, saying please & thank you. I almost wondered if he had been abducted by aliens during the night. He enjoyed shopping with me & picking out his new car for being good & I certainly enjoyed being with a super cute, nice, well-behaved little guy.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Have you tried Old Navy? That's where I got mine and I loved it:)

Kristin said...

The Old Navy in our town doesn't have a maternity section, so I have to go to the one in the next town over. I think I might even check it out online & just order one :)

Elisabeth said...

Just found your blog...and think it is great. My dh and I also have been married for (almost) 8 years--youngish as well-- and have one little one currently. Thinking about another soon. Good luck trying to find a swimsuit...and with the potty training. Stink is just 20 months now, so we are waiting a little longer!

Anonymous said...

I bought this one from Target online and was pleasantly surprised. It's really cute!

Joanna said...

I got mine from Motherhood Maternity. It was a tank kini. In fact I still have it, because I love it so much! But they have changed the styles since I was pregnant with Kelsie.