Friday, May 30, 2008

Changing of the guards
Shortly after I joined our local MOMS Club chapter, I was asked to serve on the executive board as the Membership Vice President. It's been a whole lot of fun helping to make sure we have a successful club, staying in the loop & even dealing with drama like The Playgroup Nazi (ok, that wasn't "fun"). The term is ending next month, so there is going to be a change in all of the positions. Now instead of being the Membership Vice President, massage friend & I were asked to go on to be Co-Presidents of The Club.

Photographer friend is currently Co-President with another mom & they've had a difficult time dealing with the bumps that have gone on over the last year. Both of them can't wait to get out of the position. It kind of makes me nervous because the Co-Presidents take the brunt for enforcing rules & regulations - sometimes people get their panties in a wad over it, but massage friend & I work really well together, have the same views & philosophies & we aren't going to take any guff from people who have "issues". I think we'll be able to handle anything that comes our way & I'm looking forward to continuing to serve in a leadership position for our chapter.

Next month we train our replacements, appoint people to coordinator positions & begin our 2008-2009 term. I'm sure there will be all sorts of adventures to come with this!

No comments: