Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's just odd
You know what's strange? Hearing your kid refer to you by your first name. It's just odd. Bill was cooking dinner while I was upstairs cleaning Logan's bathroom. He had a question about the rice or something like that & was yelling my name up the stairs. Logan was right beside him yelling "Krisin! Krisin!" We laughed about it for a while, but Logan kept repeating it for the rest of the night. He was having a serious conversation on Bill's cell phone (with the key pad locked) about something - Cars underwear was mentioned - & he kept acting like he was talking to me, referring to me by my first name. After a while, it started to feel wrong. Bill piped up saying, "he is not going to refer to me as 'Bill' - ever".

This isn't all bad though because it is important for him to know our names other than "Mommy" & "Daddy". God forbid he ever needs help from someone, a police office, fireman, etc, & they ask him what our names are. I don't think mommy & daddy are going to cut it in that situation.

I'll have to get this on video in the next few days. He's been referring to himself as "Logan" occasionally & even tried to say "Bill" even though it sounds kind of weird. He's really been talking up a storm lately & I absolutely HAVE to get this recorded for many laughs when Logan is older.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amelia calls us by our first names too. Sometimes it will be, "Mommy X" or "Daddy H," or she'll just shout out our names. It's funny.

Anonymous said...

Oops that was me again :) GFF