Sunday, May 25, 2008

Today's the day!
We are officially starting potty training. Last weekend we bought Logan some Cars underwear & a couple of padded potty seats (we decided we didn't like the small potty seats for cleaning reasons & they didn't seem to fit Logan anyway). I didn't push the issue, but he wanted to try out the potty a few times. He had fun sitting on there even though nothing "productive" happened. All week long he would tell me he needed to go potty, so we would go & get him on here. Again, nothing happened, but I was happy with the fact that he was telling us he wanted to use it.

Well, we have a long weekend & a two week break from school. On top of that, Logan's been asking to use the potty on a regular basis. It's pretty clear that he's ready. This morning I told him he was wearing his Cars underwear & not a diaper, so he needed to tell me when he had to go potty. He was excited & ran outside to play. Just as I was about to go out & ask him if he needed to go potty, he comes waddling in, "Pee! Pee! Pee in pants!" I sat him on the potty while I changed his shorts & underwear, wiping him down & cleaning his shoes (sandals, really). Again, I told him that he was wearing underwear & needed to go pee in the potty. He seemed pretty bothered that he wet his pants, so hopefully this is a good sign.

At first, I wasn't holding my breath that this would work out too well. But now, with his continued interest, I think it just might. It's easier since he's the one telling me he has to go & we're not involved in some kind of power struggle (which I thought potty training would bring out). As great as it would be to not have to change anymore diapers until Carter is born, I'm not in any rush. I think this helps a whole lot too.

So, here we go! Or, um - he here goes!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Good luck! Kelsie has been trained during the day at least since right before her 2nd birthday. Girls train earlier then boys. But I am still trying to figure out how to do this night time thing! My advice really isn't anything. We bought a potty book from Walmart that makes the flushing sounds and has a chart in the back that we bought her stickers for and she got one everytime she went. That seemed to do the trick, because she really wanted those Princess and Scooby stickers! : )

the nervous mom said...

Yay for Logan!!! Truly a big man now!!
And hey, if you feel like sharing any secrets to get the job done let us know! James is still terrified of his potty (it's a cool potty/step stool thing that we got him) and screams if I try to change his nasty poop diapers (ew eweeeww..sorry!) At this rate, he'll be in diapers when he's 13. :(
Or at Natalie will be trained before he is. LOL