Friday, February 17, 2006

I tried on my pre-pregnancy jeans today.
That was a mistake. I thought things were shrinking pretty quick, although I'm not even close to what I was pre-baby. I haven't had the time or the appetite to eat like I did during pregnancy & breast feeding has flattened my stomach & shrunk things down a little. I don't feel quite like the deflated balloon that I looked like right after delivery. Right. Well, I couldn't even get them past my huge hips & over my big butt. I'm only two weeks post-partum. I don't know what I was thinking. Wishful thinking I guess. I should've known better though. I can't count how many times that I told my post-pregnancy clients not to worry. "It took 9 months for your body to change. It's going to take some time to get it back". Maybe I should follow my own advice.

The changes my body has gone through are quite amazing. It still boggles my mind that I carried a small baby for so long. Other than my hips & butt getting bigger, I did get a few stretch marks, or as we like to call them, love marks. It seems that I've gotten away pretty unscathed in that department though. They don't bother me at all because it reminds me of the sacrifices that I made to have Logan here with us.

However, the thing that bothers me the most is my hunch back posture. I noticed it right after delivery. It's a little better, but not much. I swear I feel like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons. In the hospital, the nurses said it was from pushing in that scrunched up position & holding Logan during breast feeding (even though I use a Boppy pillow). I really need to find the time to start pilates again & see the chiropractor as well.

As anxious as I am to get back into shape (especially before summer when Logan & I will be hanging out at the pool), I'm not going to pressure myself. I'm going to wait 2 more weeks when Logan is a month old. By then we should be pretty familiar with routines & what not. I have a feeling that It's going to be a battle to take the car & have Bill watch Logan while I get to the gym. I'm probably going to have to develop a routine at home. Thankfully I know what I'm doing & it will be easy to do.

2 comments:

Avorie said...

I did the same thing. I tried on a pair of pre-pregnancy pants that I wore up to 14 weeks pregnant. Did they fit? Not at all. In fact, I couldn't pull them over my thighs! I don't dare try on my jeans. Especially since I'm still bleeding and the most comfortable thing is just to wear my later stage maternity pants, which have become quite baggy.

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

Y'all make me sick. I *still* can't fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans, and my son is 13 months old!! :)