Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Well, last night was interesting.
Lesson number one: start watching the clock when Logan is eating. They say not to, but I think that applies to women who's milk flow is normal. I wasn't paying attention & just letting him finish on each side. Well, he got too full & outright puked everywhere. It reminded me of a frat boy who dared to drink a gallon of milk in under an hour. Yes, there was that much volume coming out. Shocked, I just looked at the mess all over me, soaked to my underwear, the cloth diaper soaked all the way through, the computer chair soaked & huge puddles on the floor. I felt really bad.

Earlier tonight I decided to pump & see how much he was getting. In a loose 10 minutes I was able to get 3 oz. The breast pump doesn't express as much as a baby would either. I researched a little on the net to see how much he should be able to eat. The maximum capacity of his stomach at this age is about 1.5-2 oz. Well, no wonder why he's spitting up (or throwing up) all of the time. He eats for about 10 minutes...on each side. I am officially a dairy cow with an over production of milk. Now I've figured out how to slow things down & make it easier for him to eat. So far, so good. Thank God for the internet!

No comments: